Kalsubai Camping and Trek - Highest Peak of Maharashtra
Kalsubai Peak with height of 1646m or 5400 Feets is famous as the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under Kalsubai harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. Camping under the stars and moon light at the highest peak of Maharashtra is thrilling experience.
Batches for Kalsubai Camping Dates
- 31st 1st April 2018
- 7th 8th April 2018
- 14th 15th April 2018
- 21st 22nd April 2018
- 28th 29th April 2018
Kalsubai Trek and Camping Event Details
Kalsubai Trek Difficulty Level - Medium
Base Village Kalsubai Trek - Bari
Shikhar Kalsubai Region - Igatpuri / Bhandardara
Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Shikhar 4 hours one way
Trekking Duration 1 Night 1 Day
Climbing Kalsubai Distance - 5.5 km one way
Kalsubai Peak Height - 1646 metres
Highest Peak of Maharashtra Kalsubai Peak in 5400 feet - 1646 meters
Cost Rs 1900 per person
Event Itinerary - Shikhar Kalsubai
Day 1 - Saturday
Mumbai (CSTM) 11:46
14:15 - Assemble at Kasara Railway Station near ticket counter
14:30 – Start journey towards Bari village by local jeep.
15:30 – Reach Bari village.
16:00 – Trek to campsite
20:00 – Reach campsite and rest
21:00 – Dinner
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 – Wakeup call
06:30 – Reach Kalsubai top
07:00 – Breakfast
07:30 – Start descend
11:00 – Reach at base
11:30 – Lunch at Bari village
12:30 – Start journey towards Kasara railway station
14:30 - Reach Kasara Railway Station
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
- Travel Kasara to Kasara by Local Jeep
- Tented stay on sharing basis on top of mountain
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
Please note, Missing the train is missing Night Kalsubai trek no refund will be provided
How to Register
Batches for Kalsubai Camping
31st 1st April 2018 - Buy Ticket
7th 8th April 2018 - Buy Ticket
14th 15th April 2018 - Buy Ticket
21st 22nd April 2018 - Buy Ticket
28th 29th April 2018 - Buy Ticket
For Registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 1900.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
UPI ID - 9619095743@axisbank
Each Participant Name
Each Participant Email ID
Each Mobile phone number (preferred Whatsapp)
Emergency contact number
Male or Female
For any queries please call or email:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only - Monday to Saturday)
Cancellation Policy Mount Kalsubai Camping
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Thing to carry
- 2/3 litters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Extra Clothes
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
FAQ Kalsubai Peak Trek
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can we drive till Bari Village Kalsubai Maharashtra?
2. Kalsubai Map - Drive Through Map?
Please refer google maps or google earth
3. Distance from Mumbai Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 155 km approx
4. Distance from Pune Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx
5. Number of days required for this event?
One days and One Night
6. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
7. Is there any parking charge?
8. Do you provide sleeping bags?
NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags
9. Are Toilet Available on Kalsubai Mountain?
Toilet available at base village only
10. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
14. Where will we stay?
Homestay is required for this event.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will i get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can i charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
22. Kalsubai hotels - Kalsubai Homestay?
Local villagers offer dormitory homestay
- List of Hotels Kalsubai
- MTDC Bhandardara
- Anandvan Resort
- Yash Resort
- Hotel Samadhan
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828746865
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd