Trek to Tikona Fort
About Tikona Fort
Tikona Fort, also renowned as Vitandgad fort, is a major hill fort in Maval region near the Lonavala. Tikona fort, literally means triangle fort, had witnessed many dynasties ruled in the Maratha region. This was the nerve centre of the many activities of entire Maval Pawna regions. The small hamlet close to the fort is Tikona peth. The fort’s mammoth entrance is a special attraction. The Tikona fort is a great trekking destination for the adventurous tourists. One can get the eye catching views of the Pawna Dam and the forts at Visapur, Tung and Lohagad. The fort encloses a lake, Satvahan caves and the temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev'. The fort was built during the Silhara dynasty. There is a temple on top of the peak. The view of the Pawna dam, Kathingad and valleys from the top is breathtaking.
Batches for Tikona Fort
1st April 2018
8th April 2018
15th April 2018
22nd April 2018
29th April 2018
Tikona Fort Details
- Tikona Fort Trek Difficulty Level: Easy.
- Base Village for Tikona Fort: Tikona peth.
- Region: Lonavala.
- Total time required for climbing Tikona Fort: 1 hour one way.
- Duration: 1 Day.
- Tikona Fort Height: 3500 ft. (approx.).
- Cost Rs 1000
Tikona Fort Trek event itinerary
Board Indrayani Express from CST (With ticket till Kamshet)
Time table of Indrayani Express
05.40 Mumbai CST
Local for Kamshet from Lonavala – 08:20
Kamshet - 8:35
Catch local from Pune – 08:05
Shivaji Nagar – 08:09
Kamshet - 09:03
09:00 - Meeting at Kamshet railway station.
09:00 – Breakfast.
09:30 – Journey towards Tikona peth by local jeep (base village for Tikona fort).
10:30 – Reach at Tikona peth.
10:45 – Ascend.
12:00 – Reach on top and explore.
13:30 – Start descend.
14:30 – Reach at base village and Lunch.
16:00 – Start journey towards Kamshet railway station.
17:00 – Reach at Kamshet.
Return journey options
For Mumbai people
Local for Lonavala from Kamshet
17:23 – Kamshet / 17:45 – Lonavala
18:18 – Kamshet / 18:40 – Lonavala
Train options from Lonavala
17:59 Mumbai express
18:46 Intercity express
19:23 Indrayani express
For Pune people
Local from Kamshet
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 Lunch.
- Travel Kamshet to Kamshet by local Jeep.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Kamshet and back.
- Travel from Pune to Kamshet and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Tikona Fort Trek, no refund will be provided.
- For Comfortable Journey, you can book reserved tickets in the train if u wish to.
- Alternatively, you can opt for MSRTC bus service which goes through Lonavala bus depot, alight there & walk of 7-8 mins will take u @ Railway station (Suitable for Navi Mumbai participants).
How to Register
Batches for Tikona Fort
1st April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
8th April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
15th April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
22nd April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
29th April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs 1000.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/Whatsapp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Thing to Carry
- 2/3 litters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we drive till Tikona peth?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Tikona peth?
Three hours drive from Mumbai 128 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Tikona peth?
Two hour’s drive from Pune - 80 km approx
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Tikona fort?
No. Food available at base village
6. How much time required climbing Tikona fort?
1 hour (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Tikona fort?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
10. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.